Saturday, August 16, 2008

Week Two

Amy and I were able to go to the brewers game last Friday. It was the craziest baseball ggame I have ever been to. They tailgate hours before the game, drinking tons. They drink beer until they enter the gate and then then drink like no other once they are inside. It was pretty entertaining watching all the drunk people make fools of themselves. The fans were all way into the game, it was way fun to watch the whole time.





This week was orientation week for Amy and I, lots of activities and meetings. On Monday, we had a huge meeting on financial aid and how much debt we are going to be in. They basically scared us to death, and then graciously lunch was provided by the military offering to pay for our whole school plus 20,000 dollar bonus. I thought it was a pretty cheap move by the government, trying to scare us into the military.


On Wednesday, we went to the zoo with Natalie and she loved the "kitty kitty" or the lion. Her favorite thing was the fish, she sat there with her face pressed against the aquarium and laughed at all the fish. However, when a shark would come near her she would scream and back off. Natalie loves the zoo.





Natalie also went swimming with her new friend myleigh in our backyard, she loves swimming.










On Thursday we went to a root beer/beer brewery with some friends. We did a tour and at the end we were able to drink as much soda as we wanted. We paid for Natalie so we decided "what the heck, let her drink soda." She loved the rootbeer and orange soda and once the sugar got into her system she went bonkers. She was running all around screaming, crawling under furnitures, etc. she was hilarious. As you will see in the pictures she went crazy.






To finish off the week I had the "White Coat Ceremony." This is a ceremony were we are given our first white coat and is kind of the initiation into the medical profession. It was a really neat ceremony.









This is me getting my white coat on.





8 comments:

Lynsey said...

that picture of natalie and smiley hugging melts my heart! I miss her so much!

Erin said...

Aww!!! I miss little Nat! What a little sweetie she is. And HEY! I thought we had a little agreement about that neighbor thing...where are we supposed to live if you keep up with this good neighbor business?! Whatever. I see how it is.

perdue family said...

Patrick... you look so professional in your new white coat. Very nice. We're so glad Nat made a quality friend. Keep it real guys.

Chris said...

Wow, look at Doctor Dorian/House (Rachelle like House but I see more Dorian in you) out there. Very nice, although, you're looking a little round in the middle as you're trying to get your coat on. Did they not give you a big enough one? "Fat guy in a little coat." And it's begun already. So busy with school that you've lost all control over your daugther and she's running amok in a brewery at age 1+. Shameful. But we'll let it slide when you fly us out and treat us to a Cubs game and tour of the Brewery. And NO, you still can't have Aves.

Erin said...

Can I get an update please? I've been blog stalking you and it's been over a week since anything new. Get on it already...I miss
Natalie's cute little face!

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

I agree with Erin! It's past week 2 now!

perdue family said...

its been more than 2 weeks...

Meghan said...

Hey Amy! It sounds like you guys are having so much fun in Wisconsin. Your house is so cute! How is life after grad school and how is everything else going?
-Meghan