Sunday, September 21, 2008

Wisconsinites


This weekend we decided to go hiking, so we obtained a book on "hikes" in Wisconsin. "Hikes" is in quotes because the hike we went on was more like a nature walk. However, it was way fun. It was a hike that took us to the second highest point this end of Wisconsin. At the top was a lookout tower that had us climb 7 flights of stairs so we could have a view of the lake. Natalie loved running down the trail and yelling "ahhhh" and also saying "hi" to the puppies.

Saturday, Patrick worked at a clinic for the uninsured and to get there the GPS routed him through the ghetto. He was driving through at 7:00 am and there was a fight in the middle of the intersection. That GPS needs to have a no ghetto button.

Patrick is enjoying medical school, he is in class from 8 to 5 almost everyday, but always comes home and plays with us after that. He just finished his first round of tests and did well on those. He is always becoming interested in new specialties. The latest are Cardiology or surgery.

Natalie loves giving hugs now and will run to where ever you are and give you a hug when you ask for one. She loves playing with her dad, and will find him even if he is hiding out so he can study.

I am liking my job, but I am not keen on leaving Natalie. Luckily it is only twice a week. I think Natalie and I are going to go to the zoo sometime this week with her friend. I think Patrick and I are due for another baseball game also.

5 comments:

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

Yay! new pictures! Where did you get your hiking backpack for Natalie?
I need one!

Steven said...

Hey I am so glad that you guys blog. Melanie and I are big time blogger fans. I check our blog every day and this morning was very excited to see your post. Sounds like you are doing great and Natalie is a doll. She look just like Amy. Anyways I can't wait for November 22 to go to the Utah/BYU game and watch the Utes destroy the sorry cougars. It is going to be awesome. Anyways keep in touch and give me a call some time.

modell said...

That hike looks SO fun! We're going to have to try that before it gets too cold! I agree the GPS needs an "avoid ghetto" button. I can't believe how quickly you can go from a safe neighborhood to a really scary part of town!

Chris said...

So Aves literally just told me to get on and apologize for not coming out to the Brewers game. For some reason Rachelle thinks being in a lot of debt should preclude you from buying expensive plane tickets. Aves and I don't agree, but we're trying to keep the peace. I am also a big fan of that massive backpack. It's great. And we're jealous of you going to the zoo. Aves isn't quite big enough yet. And finally, I think that this Steven character (who posted above) sounds like a very wise and wonderful person. So I'll echo his sentiments. The cougars are sorry. GO UTES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris said...

Love the pictures. Sorry I couldn't send Chris out for a game. You pay for the plane tickets and I'll send him on the next flight. (Chris-not Avery) Amy, I feel for you having to leave Natalie. It's hard! I'm glad you like your job. PK, good luck with school. I still think you should be an anesthesiologist. Take care! We miss you!