Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Halloween! Monkey style

Fall is here



There are millions of trees here in Milwaukee, our streets are lined with trees. To collect the leaves here all you have to do is rake them into the road and they have a snow plow looking thing that drives through the streets shoveling away the leaves.

This is just the beginning of the leaf drop our trees are still loaded with leaves. Regardless, Natalie loves playing in them, and throwing them in the air.

This is our sweetheart Natalie in her monkey costume, she loves it. We wanted to get her a butterfly outfit but she wouldn't have it. When we tried it on her she sat there looking at herself in the mirror and laughing. She, however, will not wear the monkey hood that goes with it.
She also loves pumpkins.

Trick o' treating here is kind of weird. Each city has certain hours of the day that they can trick o' treat and they were all on Sunday afternoon and they only last three hours. You also have to register your kid to trick o' treat, and pay. Messed up I know. Luckily the med school does a trick o' treat and Natalie loved it.

This is Natalie and Patrick walking through the portion of the medical school that looked like Candyland, everyone was dressed accordingly it was way cute.

Natalie only allowed candy in her bucket, some lady put some halloween stickers in her bucket and she promptly took them out and said "no" to the lady. Geez, to all of you who don't know you only give candy on halloween, Natalie even knows that.

Natalie loves stealing her dad's ping-pong balls that he has in his backpack, if she doesn't have enough hands she'll just stuff them in her mouth.
Natalie on our front porch with her pumpkins.

Natalie throwing rocks into a stream at a park near our house.

Oh and for all of you in places other than Wisconsin, I hope you are enjoying the cold weather. Here it is in the high 60's sunny and beautiful, and everyone told me it was going to be cold in Wisconsin, please. St. george doesn't even have that so why would we move there?

11 comments:

Lynsey said...

Love Love Love the halloween costume! She's a model. I love her.

The Leiters said...

i lied it was 73 degrees today

Erin said...

I think Natalie is the most adorable little girl I've ever seen. I wish I could have seen her giggling at herself with the monkey suit on. haha I just LOVED looking at all the pics on this post. Please post more...even though it makes my heart hurt because I miss you guys...but that's okay. :)

Kaitlin said...

taylor and i both agree that natalie is THE most adorable child we've ever seen. i love the monkey suit...and the ping pong balls...and all the other pictures, too. :)

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

She is sooo cute!! I miss fall - I love playing in the leaves too and I'm sure josh would love it. I can't wait to have a cute little girl like my natalie:)

Brooke said...

That was a funny post. I love that Natalie wouldn't let them put stickers in her pumpkin.

modell said...

Natalie's Halloween costume was so cute! I wish our pumpkins would've lasted as long as yours, we should've put ours outside! At least we know what to do next year!

Gamma said...

Natalie is the cutest girl. She is a natural monkey. I wish we could see her trick and treating. We love her and miss her. Love, G&G Leiter

Alli E. said...

That is so funny about the stickers on Halloween. I gave little toys this year and thought I was being "fun" but the kids probably thought I was crazy!! Also-so crazy about having to register for Trick-or-treating!! What is this world coming to?!
Allison

perdue family said...

Tell Natalie to start strangling and stealing toys from the other kids, then maybe she'd have more fun in nursery.
I love the little monkey. I cant believe her hair. Its so long and curly and cute. Today Tris was playing with a little girl in Sunday school and it made us miss nats more than ever.

Unknown said...

Hey! I'm glad you found us. I'll have to add your page to my blog for future reference! Natalie is getting SO big! They grow up so fast.