After Christmas break and returning to the frozen land of Wisconsin we got adjusted to the cold again and then had fun exploring Wisconsin. On the extra cold days we keep ourselves entertained inside: Making Natalie sit while I practice new hairstyles, she does a very good job staying still for me.
I also do projects at night when Patrick has to study. I made this to hold Natalie's bows:





Another day we went with some friends to a place called Monkey Joe's a place with huge blow-up toys. I was a little worried Natalie wouldn't like it, but she loved it! She had so much fun and was fearless even on the big slides, needless to say after playing 3 hours she took a good nap!

Natalie climbed up this huge slide all by herself, once, then the second time up she got too tired halfway up and started to yell "help, stuck."
After all that work she needed a break, so she found herself a chair and asked for water.
A couple of weeks ago for Family Home Evening we decided to try to mke sugar cookies with Natalie, she loved it. She thought it was so cool, she even liked to watch them cook.



This is what happens when you leave a 2 year old alone within reach of a bottle of lotion:
Lotion was everywhere, as you can see all over the table, the chair and herself, she thought she was pretty funny.
At the end of January Patrick had tests and usually during the middle of test week Patrick will bring home Chipolte's for us to enjoy and to celebrate finishing some of his tests. Natalie loves the dressing that comes with the salad. Below is her drinking it out of the container and then her messy face. Natalie has some funny eating habits lately. She loves spicy taco soup, curry rice, black bean salsa and spanish rice. She definitely loves spicy food!

Then the weekend after test week it was actually warm sunny and 45! We took that Saturday and drove up to Greenbay, WI to see Lambeau Field where the Packers play. It was very fun to explore the field and take the tour. Here is Natalie playing peek-a-boo in the gift shop waiting for the tour, she is so funny.
Trying on the cheesehead, appartently back in the day the Chicago Bears fans used to call us cheeseheads to make fun of the Wisconsin fans, but instead the joke stuck and now the Packers are proud cheeseheads.

Here is a perfect example of why Lambeau Field is known as the frozen tundra.
Natalie played pic-a-boo the entire tour and entertained everyone.
Natalie performing the famous Lambeau leap!
There is a place called Mitchell Domes here in Milwaukee, they have biodomes that you can go explore with all kinds of interesting plants to see. This is a picture of Natalie looking at the trains and lego land in the show dome. This dome they decorate and re-do depending on the holiday. There is also a tropical dome and a desert dome, the tropical one is my favorite because it feels like it is 80, so nice!
Another day we went with some friends to a place called Monkey Joe's a place with huge blow-up toys. I was a little worried Natalie wouldn't like it, but she loved it! She had so much fun and was fearless even on the big slides, needless to say after playing 3 hours she took a good nap!
Natalie climbed up this huge slide all by herself, once, then the second time up she got too tired halfway up and started to yell "help, stuck."
This is what happens when you leave a 2 year old alone within reach of a bottle of lotion:
This past weekend Patrick and I had the chance to go on an impromptu date, our neighbors kindly watched Natalie while we went curling. It is actually really fun and there is a lot of strategy involved. The medical college had a club and so it was all free, even better, and they took time to give us private lessons since we hadn't been before. Then we jumped in and played a game. Our team actually won, despite my horrible ability to aim.

It doesn't look like it, but I am actually sliding across the ice. After this picture you let go of the rock and try to get it as close to the center of the target at the opposite side of the ice as possible. Very fun, we will try to go again soon! Well that is the update of what we have been up to in the last month. I will try to post more frequently instead of huge posts once a month. We have had so much fun exploring Wisconsin and doing all of the fun things to offer here. Now we just need it to warm up so we can explore the beautiful scenery around here!
13 comments:
Wow, Natalie is so big! She's adorable! I'm so glad you guys are enjoying Wisconsin. Sounds like you are enjoying it. How's life? Are you working in the schools still (I had heard you were working at a school I thought) or just enjoying your cute little girl? Have a great week!
You guys look like you're having a blast. I think it's pretty funny you used to live in Saudi Arabian temperatures and are now experiencing a Wisconsin winter :).
She is too cute!! Looks like you're having a blast! Can't wait until I can visit!
that's a heck of a post! what fun activities. you've inspired me to get out of my little bubble :)
Yeah, school is going pretty well. I just want to be at the end, and not just see it. Haha :) Glad to hear you like the charter school you are at; that sounds like a nice place to work. I bet their paperwork, etc. is different. Good to hear from you!
amy. i get to see you and natalie so soon. i love natalie.
By the way isn't it "peek" a boo?
LOVE IT! Natalie looks like she is having so much fun in all the pictures. Hope you guys are staying warm and we cant wait to see you in a couple weeks.
Pat... make sure you get ready for some golfing on the Monday you're in town! I've been practicing just to beat you. You choose the place and I'll make the reservations.
wow, nice catch up! and the spicy foods is explaining alot of what i see when shes here! :D i know you guy are next door but i still like reading your blog. see ya tomorrow.
you kids get more comments on your posts than I ever have!
Anyway, miss ya lots! Can't wait to see you guys NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE the pics! Especially the ones of Natalie being mischievous! She is getting so big and she is just adorable!! Isn't it weird how 45 degrees suddenly becomes 'warm' when you live in the midwest?!!
You've got to post a tutorial for that bow holder! It's soooo cute!!
Post a Comment