Monday, September 8, 2008

Almost settled in

I know I am a total slacker when it comes to blogging. I told Patrick that I would be and that he should be the one to keep everyone updated, but he said it was my turn. We have been having lots of fun getting settled in and trying to figure out our way around these crazy roads, I definitely miss the Utah roads. Roads here start and end in random places, they go from 2 lanes to 1 without notice, and cars pop up parked in the right lane on busy roads, its crazy. I think I am finally used to it now though. Anways back to the important stuff. I am a speech therapist at a charter school here two days a week it is working out very well, they are super flexible and easy to work with. Our neighbor is watching Natalie and Natalie loves playing with their daughter. I also finished putting together our upstairs a few weeks ago and finally have pictures to post.









Now here are some pictures of Natalie, she is getting so big. She is talking a lot more, learned how to fold her arms to say her prayers, says thank you, she is so cute and so much fun everyday. She is excited to go to nursery next month, they leave the doors open at our church and she always goes up and looks at the kids playing and asks to go in, poor girl, almost 18 months!

Natalie has started posing for pictures.
And as you can see she definitely still has her curly hair.
Her first experience with a whole cookie all to herself, no mom giving her little pieces. She loved it. We will try to be better about updating our blog more often now that we are getting into a routine.

9 comments:

Nicole Sue Taylor said...

SOOO cute! Your house looks darling. you've inspired me to hang stuff today:)

Erin said...

Amy I'm so impressed!! Your house looks awesome! I can't believe you are working at that charter school--you're amazing. You do so many things at once and do them all so well. Keep up the good work. :) And Natalie is incredibly adorable...I miss that little smiling face. LOVE those curls.

Don't even get me started about our new neighbors. They drive me BONKERS. Remember how our little complex used to be so peaceful? Now picture hispanics and white trash blasting their music with their doors and windows wide open and their children running around screaming. No exaggeration, seriously. It's awesome, what can I say? Okay, so all I can say is that we miss you guys!!! Anyways, enjoyed your update!! Keep us posted!

Chris said...

Wow, talk about your fancy houses! You guys look like you're living in one of those parade of homes places. It's as nice as Mom's "Castle". We're very jealous. And it's crazy how big Natty's gotten. We're definitely going to have to figure out our webcam so we can chat every now and then. We missed you guys at his blessing but considered you there in spirit. And we're really going to try and come visit next summer. I just hope I'm not killed when my Cubs hold off the Brewers and my Vikes finish better than the Packers. Oh, and in case I don't get to text it for a while, GO UTES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynsey said...

please come visit idaho. i'll give you a free bed and a free hot chocolate.

Lynsey said...

I need a daily update of that baby girl. Please take a picture of her in the gap outfit I sent and post it on here. I can't tell by the cell phone picture. Thanks you're a gem.

Tasha said...

Your house is so darling!! It is fun to see pictures of where you live! Natalie is so grown up!! I haven't seen her since she was a tiny baby!

Amber said...

Hi Amy-- just found your blog-so glad I will be able to peak into your life. I was feeling pretty bad for you having to move to Wisconsin--but your house looks gorgeous! I am totally jealous of all the green right now (all i see around here is dirt!) Don't you love the lectures on how much school is going to cost! Fun stuff! I didn't want to do the military thing-but you should definitely look into the programs through the state where they pay for your school and all you have to do is work a few years in an underserved area (usually there are plenty to choose from). Sam's brother did this in Med school and we are totally jealous!

Karla said...

Hi Amy guess who??? it's Karla and Kim we are blog stocking today. Natalie is getting so big, she is so cute. Have fun in the Midwest!! but make sure to move back. lol Karla

Your house looks awesome and Natalie is adorable! Glad your job is working out well. Tell Patrick that Austin loves Chipotle too!!!!! He thinks it is awesome, I get a stomache ache every time!!
Take care, Kim

Amie said...

hey guys, sorry it took me so long to write you back. I'm doing better. I'm walking around and stuff now. I have to go in for another surgery in december to take out the plate on my collar bone. maybe you should come and do it. haha. Now I'm just back to the usual, work and school, super busy. Back to normal life. We're looking for a house too, that's exciting. Its no fun though. How are you guys doing?